There is no doubt that QuickBooks software has different version and users limits but most of our business owners doesn’t have this knowledge. They will only call to ask how much is QuickBooks software or I want to get a QuickBooks software how much is it. This post will guide us on what version of QuickBooks software best suit your business.
If you run a services based business with an inventory that doesn’t have unit of measure and you don’t want to exceed 3 users, QuickBooks Pro is the best for your line of business. The missing feature in Pro is “product measurement” – you can’t measure your stocks, so if you are a supermarket that sells consumables in pieces and pack, there is no room to indicate products in “pieces” and “cartoon”. But a normal retail or service providers like consultants who do not need such features need not bother about that.
If you run an inventory based business with units of measures or a production business that you assembly bills of materials to make a product and you don’t want to exceed 5 users, QuickBooks Premier is the best for your line of business. QuickBooks Premier adds to the features of Pro. It has a unit of measures with “material assembly” – a default feature that makes it easy for manufacturing, production companies to track raw materials in unit, kg, bags, cartons, grams, liters and you also have a custom unit of measure that can be added if need be. also note that the cost of purchases automatically calculates BOM during productions.
QuickBooks Enterprise Edition.
If you run an inventory based business with units of measures or a production business that you assembly bills of
materials, multiple warehousing and you transfer goods or products from one warehouse location to the other and your numbers of users exceed 5 but not up to 30 and you also have different locations or warehouses that you transfer inventory from one to the other. QuickBooks Enterprise is the best for your line of business. As the name implies, the Enterprise edition is more robust compared to Pro & Premier; has all the features listed below with advanced inventory, advanced pricing and ability to combine report from multiple companies. QuickBooks Enterprise is designed to help established companies manage their complex inventory activities, and manage daily, weekly, or monthly transfers from one store to another.
QuickBooks Online is a cloud based application that can be accessed on any devices. eg mac book, windows, notepad and phones. all you need is just the URL, signup and register your business nature.
QuickBooks online is also divided into 3 different packages.
- Simple starter: This package is for a serviced based business and its only requires 1 user and the accountant.
- Essential: This is also an advance of simple starter which takes up to 2 users and accountant.
- Online Plus: This is the most robust version that accommodate inventory, track project profitability and it takes up to 25 users but doesn’t have unit of measure which means its cant work for a manufacturing business.
For further enquires on what version of QuickBooks best suit your business, please call us on +2347012193226 or send us a mail with the following answers:
- What’s your line of business?
- What do you sell?
- Do you buy, assemble or manufacture your own products?
- Are there units of measures for material purchases or sales?
- Do you have multiple stores, branches or warehouse?
- Do you transfer/distribute inventories to branches?
- How many users do you want to give multiple access to a central data file?
- Do you want to host your data file on a local server, wide area network or computer storage disk?
- What report do you want the system to generate that you are not currently seeing or find it difficult to get on your current spreadsheet or accounting system.
This will give us an insight on how to advise you properly on What version of QuickBooks Software best suit your business.