QuickBooks helps to register all the data and transactional reports between different organizations. While upgrading an organization file to QuickBooks, opening a company file from a network server or restoring a backup, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 6123. You may be unable to restore the backup. In this article, you may find a solution to the error encountered. Sometimes, when an individual tries to restore QuickBooks company files from backup hard disk or opens an organization file from the multi-network server, an error message QuickBooks Error 6123.0 is displayed on the screen:
QuickBooks error 6123 0 is caused due to:
- Restoring the file of company from an external storage device.
- Interrupted network connection from the host server.
- Damaged or Corrupted QuickBooks Company data file.
- Firewall settings interrupting QuickBooks to open the company
- McAfee Antivirus service is installed on the device. It interferes with QuickBooks Desktop Services.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6123?
Download QuickBooks File Doctor-
- Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Browse the Company File.
- Choose the option of Check File Damage Only, and then the option of Diagnose File.
- Enter your Admin Password and then choose the OK button
- Choose the option of Repair File in the existing version or Open File in Newer Version.
- Follow the remaining steps appearing on the display
- Reboot your device
Rename .ND and .TLG file-
- Go to the folder having the file of company.
- Choose the corresponding .ND file of your company.
- Right click on the option of company file and select the option of Rename.
- Rename .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- Similarly choose .TLG file and Rename .TLG file.
- Rename .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Now, Open your QuickBooks Company File.
Move Company files to a different location
If you are not able to open your QuickBooks company file, try moving it to a different location and open it.
Use the auto data recovery features
Restore the .ADR copy of the company file. There is a slight chance that the file is corrupted and this might resolve QuickBooks error 6123 error.
Disable the antivirus softwares
Sometimes, the antivirus software interferes with the company file and the user might not be able to open its QuickBooks company file. Disable the antivirus program and open the file. This might resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6123
the QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- Have your product and license information available.
- Download the version of QB which you want to use in your computer or insert CD.
- Install QuickBooks following the normal procedure.
- Fill out your product and license information.
- Open the company file.
Create a new window user
- Go to the
- Select the option of Create New User Option in User Icon.
- Choose Administrator for user type.
- Log out of the existing
- Restart the device. Login using new user credentials.
- Move the company file to the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and access the company file.
QuickBooks is the leading accounting software and is offering all-around services without failing. At any point, if you are not able to understand the procedure precisely, it is advisable to contact at QuickBooks Support at any time, Quickbooks Support number available 24*7 for the help of the customers.