QuickBooks error code 6189 is basically an error of run-time which you usually come across when you are aiming to run QuickBooks Accounting software or trying to open a file of the company in your computer system. It means that the file, which one generally tries to open, is not yet accessible. Although the message which appears with this error code contains a few details, it is always much difficult for a user to locate its exact cause and properly correct it.
Some reasons for QuickBooks desktop error code 6189:-
1. When you try to completely access a QuickBooks company file that is already in use by another user or service.
2. Process of Incomplete installation or downloading a corrupted QuickBooks Accounting software link.
3. When you try to access a company file stored in a folder for which you do not have the permission to read or write.
4. Incorrect or unfinished installation of QuickBooks Accounting solution may also result in incorrect entries in the registry of the Windows causing this error code.
5. A virus or Malware attack in Windows framework resulting in corruption of QuickBooks software program files in the system triggers this error code.
6. Corruption in the registry of Windows because of most recent QuickBooks programming change is also quite a possible cause.
7. Difference between the organization document (.QBW) and the exchange log record (.TLG) results in the error code.
8. Another possible cause is that another client is signed into the record of the organization in Single User Mode.
9. Using a pirated or old copy of Windows can result in the error code.
10. If you have accidentally deleted some quite important drivers from the computer system which are required to run QuickBooks Accounting software successfully, you can end up with this error.
Now you require to find out what the exact reason behind the problem is, and how to solve it. You can try the below-mentioned fixes.
Steps to fix QuickBooks desktop error code 6189:-
1. Reboot the Computer system
-Restart the computer system that has QuickBooks Accounting software installed on it.
-Try to locate the original data on the computer system.
-If the error code still persists, shut down and restart the computer system again.
2. Reinstall QuickBooks Accounting Software
-Install the original QuickBooks Accounting software from QuickBooks database manager.
-No specific need to have an additional license in order to carry out the above-mentioned procedure.
-After the complete process of installation, reboot the server again. The problem should be resolved.
3. Check where your data file of the company is stored
-Make sure that your data file (QBW) is not stored on a hard disk or a removable pen drive.
-If using online backup files of QuickBooks Accounting software, the issue might continue further.
-To avoid the above issue, save your QuickBooks Accounting software on the desktop where QuickBooks Accounting software is installed.
4. You have to manually Rename the transaction log file (.TLG) to a different name and make sure that the QuickBooks Accounting software files are not encrypted.
5. Verify the user permissions assigned to QBDataServiceUser for your version of QuickBooks Accounting software. Copy the file to the desktop and then open it directly from the desktop of your computer system. If it opens, there could be damage to the folder where the QBW was saved.
6. Try to login using any other user credentials. If it is quite successful, then there is damage to the data and you will have to solve it by repairing QuickBooks Accounting software.
7. The reason for the error code might be due to the QuickBooks Desktop Accounting software version you are using. You require to update your QuickBooks Accounting software version to the latest release and then try to create or open the file of the company.
If you have any issue regarding the QuickBooks Accounting solution, then you can contact QuickBooks support or QuickBooks customer support. You can also dial the QuickBooks support number which is available on our website.