QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting software in the recent group. Occasionally, it is somehow difficult to handle with the errors and issues that persist while using QuickBooks. Some of the Steps are described below to troubleshoot QuickBooks company file and then also if the error or issue occur, feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Support at any time.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Company File Issues
Method 1: Open QuickBooks Company File from the QuickBooks Desktop
If your error or issue persists, then moving Company File to Windows desktop can contribute with folder permission issues
- In QuickBooks, Open the File > Restore the company
- Select the correct radio button for the type of file that you are opening
- Browse to the location of the file and then open it
Method 2: Inhibit QuickBooks Desktop Windows from Automatically Opening
If many windows open while opening the file of the company, stop them from opening automatically. For this:
- Go to the No Company Open window, and then choose the company file
- Click and hold the ALT key and then click on the Option of Open
- Open Edit > Preferences
- Press the Desktop View > Don’t save the desktop
- Press on the option of OK button
Method 3: Rename the .TLG and .ND Extensions on Your QuickBooks Company Files
If the TLG and ND files are damage, corrupt, renaming them to old. This will help your file to open.
- Go to the folder where QuickBooks company file is saved.
- Right-click on the transaction log file and rename it to OLD.qbw.TLG
- Go to the company file to enable QuickBooks to automatically build new TLG and ND files.
Method 4: Copy QuickBooks Company File to New Location
If your company file is located in a network drive, try to copy it to the local drive of your device. If the local file opens, fix your network configuration. You can also try to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor to guide you.
- Create a new folder in C: drive.
- Open the folder where the company file is.
- Click and hold on the Ctrl key. Select the company file and the corresponding.TLG of your company file.
- Right-click and click on the option of Copy.
- Open the new folder.
- Right-click and choose the option of Paste.
Reach us at QuickBooks Support at any time
If QuickBooks Company File error still persists, feel free to contact our specialists at QuickBooks Desktop Helpat any time and get connected with technical specialists to fix issues instantly.
Mark Ray is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for printer support at QuickBooks Point Of Sale or QuickBooks Customer Support.